1) Advance Notice/Lead time: Custom cake orders must be place 4 weeks in advance.
2) Non-Refundable Deposits: In order to schedule your cake on your event date a 50 percent non-refundable deposit is required. Without the deposit, we will not hold your date. Priority will be given to the paying customer. Once the non-refundable deposit is made a full sketch of your cake will be emailed to you for confirmation. Changes on the design can be made up to 3 weeks before the event. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
3) Final Payments: All final payments are due 1 week prior to your event date. If payments are not made by the due date the cake may be cancelled.
4) Delivery Fee Calculation: The cost of delivery is $0.55 per mile between the event and the bakery. The distance will be determined by the shortest distance as calculated by Google Maps.
5) Minimum Delivery Fee: There is a minimum delivery fee of $25
6) Environment Liability: Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below. Any cake placed outside during an event has the possibility of melting or deforming due to the heat. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s).
7) Post Delivery/Pick-up Liability: We are not liable for a cake once it has been delivered or picked up. If you or your representatives elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Suzy Q Cakes' possession.
8) Other Vendor Restriction: Our company will not provide a cake when sheet cakes, cupcakes, groom’s cakes, cheesecakes or cake pops are provided by any other baker without our permission. We have a reputation to maintain, and it would be unfair for your guests to assume another baker’s cake was our cake. The cake provided by our company will be removed from the venue if another cake as stated above is served at your event.
9) Serving Size: Wedding and custom cakes are designed to serve the number of people you specify. Our cake serving size is 1″ x 2″ x 6”. If you are serving larger slices of cake and run out, we are not responsible to provide additional cake.
10) Additional Arrangements (Floral):If event setup is elected, and flowers are provided by an outside source, we will arrange up to 25 stems free; $1 for each additional stem. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
11) Photography Rights: On occasion, we will photograph our cakes, and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
12) Allergy Disclaimer: Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
13) Refunds: Refunds are not provided for any reason. Due to our full schedule and our attention to detail, we spend many hours planning and preparing before even beginning on a cake
14) Performance Contingency: Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Suzy Q Cakes to complete the agreement and is not subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.